Sunday, October 18, 2009


A Year Ago.....


..... on this day, I just started planning for my wedding. Remember
this post? Time sure flies, huh? And I really appreciate those who read that post, and are still reading my blog today! You know who you are! *Winks*


Although I started blogging in 2005, I had no posts on the 19th of October in 2005, 2006 and 2007. Can't remember why though. But I sure remember what happened in that one year from 19th October 2008 - 19th October 2009. In that one year, I...


1. Completed 2 half marathons
2. Campaigned for Obama
3. Fell sick three times
4. Went on my first family trip with my soon-to-be-in-laws-back-then
5. Took my wedding photos in Guangzhou, China
6. Planned, prepared and got married (what an adventure!)
7. Prepared and sat for my TOEFL exam
8. Maternal grandfather passed away
9. Blessed with many bloggy friends like Deboshree, Donna, Inge', Mys Lyke Meeh, Ron, Small Footprints and Traveling Chemist!
10. Had my company (ex- now) bought over by a bigger one
11. Quit my job of 5 years plus plus
12. Had numerous farewell lunches and dinners, and gifts - first time in my life
13. Tremendous improvements in my physical fitness and training
14. Had the worst boss ever in my life
15. Visitors to this blog grew to over 800 per month
16. No car accident, as compared to previously, at least one every year
17. Canceled 4 credit cards and the debts as well, of course
18. Finished paying the 7-year-loan of my car
19. Packed and packed and packed, and now I'm only 3 days away from flying off!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Hey there stud muffin! You must be in flight right now! Wow...you've come a long way my friend! I still remember us meeting in KL...that was awesome!

Talk soon!
Blessings to you and the family!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Deboshree said...

Hey John!
This sure was an eventful year for you!!!
You and your wife look great together!
Lots of love and blessings to both of you!!

Love
Deboshree

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hey, thanks Ron, Deboshree. Appreciate you reading this and commenting :)

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home